Suse Linux 9.2 Cover disk 64bit installation...

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Suse Linux 9.2 Cover disk 64bit installation...

Postby foekker » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:59 pm

elo!

Want to install the 64 bit version of Suse 9.2, but I've lost the magazine. I remember it had a recepie for installing on a 64bit machine.

I have downloaded the x86_64 catalog from ft.suse.com. Its on the root of my C disk. The installation proggie displays 3 hda's 1-3.

What do I do now? How do I get it to use these files while booting from the DVD? I tried manual installation and slecting all hda's using 'x86_64' in the directory field. But it somehow fails to mount or something. What was the recepie again? Whould I burn this catalog on a DVD or..?

Any help appreciated. Feel free to email me directly at removethistextemil@rakoczyandthistexttoo.no.

f.
foekker

RE: Suse Linux 9.2 Cover disk 64bit installation...

Postby foekker » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:53 pm

not valid anymore... fixed it meself. plz close post.
foekker

RE: Suse Linux 9.2 Cover disk 64bit installation...

Postby nelz » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:23 pm

Please post the solution. Otherwise others searching with the same problem will find only the question, not the answer.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

do it urself

Postby foekker » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:10 am

Go answer my other thread instead of nagging in this one.

1. I asked for the recepie from the mag. I can't be bothered to quote it in here, expecially since none could be bothered to answer my Q when I neded the recepie. So the answer to that Q is: Go check the mag noob. Besides, I don't think it'll be a FAQ on the web, since most ppl who'll encounter this problem will also have the mag. Anyhoo.. case closed.

When it comes to the mounting problem, I still haven't got an answer. The copying bit was all root files from DVD + boot cat, suse\suse cat, image.1 cat. The x86_64 folder goes in the suse\suse cat.

It still won't work tho.

f.
foekker

RE: do it urself

Postby MemphisBytes » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:18 pm

Umm he is hardly a noob as he's a site admin ;-)

Recipe .. for further reference and in case anyone was searching for the solution using this as a keyword. <g> 8)

I'm off to start a site for Attitude Adjustment as there seems to be a call for it .....
MemphisBytes

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs