Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suse Linux 9.2 Cover disk 64bit installation...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foekker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Suse Linux 9.2 Cover disk 64bit installation... Reply with quote

elo!

Want to install the 64 bit version of Suse 9.2, but I've lost the magazine. I remember it had a recepie for installing on a 64bit machine.

I have downloaded the x86_64 catalog from ft.suse.com. Its on the root of my C disk. The installation proggie displays 3 hda's 1-3.

What do I do now? How do I get it to use these files while booting from the DVD? I tried manual installation and slecting all hda's using 'x86_64' in the directory field. But it somehow fails to mount or something. What was the recepie again? Whould I burn this catalog on a DVD or..?

Any help appreciated. Feel free to email me directly at removethistextemil@rakoczyandthistexttoo.no.

f.
foekker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: RE: Suse Linux 9.2 Cover disk 64bit installation... Reply with quote

not valid anymore... fixed it meself. plz close post.
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: RE: Suse Linux 9.2 Cover disk 64bit installation... Reply with quote

Please post the solution. Otherwise others searching with the same problem will find only the question, not the answer.
foekker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: do it urself Reply with quote

Go answer my other thread instead of nagging in this one.

1. I asked for the recepie from the mag. I can't be bothered to quote it in here, expecially since none could be bothered to answer my Q when I neded the recepie. So the answer to that Q is: Go check the mag noob. Besides, I don't think it'll be a FAQ on the web, since most ppl who'll encounter this problem will also have the mag. Anyhoo.. case closed.

When it comes to the mounting problem, I still haven't got an answer. The copying bit was all root files from DVD + boot cat, suse\suse cat, image.1 cat. The x86_64 folder goes in the suse\suse cat.

It still won't work tho.

f.
MemphisBytes

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: RE: do it urself Reply with quote

Umm he is hardly a noob as he's a site admin Wink

Recipe .. for further reference and in case anyone was searching for the solution using this as a keyword. <g> Cool

I'm off to start a site for Attitude Adjustment as there seems to be a call for it .....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: