Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tux Magazine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Tux Magazine Reply with quote

It would seem that TUX magazine is no more, which is bad news in my opinion. I quite enjoyed the magazine and would not have been averse to stumping up the modest amount they requested when my free subscription expired.
It is also bad news for those who want pdf only magazines as anything like this does not suggest it is commercially viable.
Of course, Linux Journal still do their download subscription offer, but I noticed that they changed hands recently as well.
donoreo
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Tux Magazine Reply with quote

Bummer. I looked at the free version. I would not have paid for the pdf though. If I am paying, I want paper (call me old fashioned). Not only that they were really KDE centric so they limited themselves right there. The mag was supposed to be for new users to linux but by going almost KDE only they alienate a large group: Ubuntu users.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: RE: Tux Magazine Reply with quote

But not Kubuntu users Wink
candy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: RE: Tux Magazine Reply with quote

I get a two Audio PDF magazines. They operates on a selling advertising basis to pay for contributor expenses etc. I did a piece for them.

To avoid breaking any rules I'll post a link elsewhere on site so apart from any interest any of you might have on content, you'll be able to see what can be done with PDF publishing and if that model is one that might work to bring back Tux Mag.

Regards,

A girl in a million
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: