Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux User Group proposed for Staten Island NY -SILUG-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmullin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Linux User Group proposed for Staten Island NY -SILUG- Reply with quote

It seems that England is a Linux hotbed. I live in Staten Island New York which may be a Linux wasteland. If there are readers of this forum from Staten Island NY that would like to form a local LUG, SILUG, please answer here or email me jmullinwtjo@yahoo.com.
There is a LUG in Manhattan and a few in New Jersey but it would be nice to have one on my island. With a population of 450,000 there must be some enlightened computer visionaries about that would like to get together to share there knowledge and have some fun. Especially since Staten Island has the best pizza on the planet, what could be better a Linux user group and pizza.
Pobega

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply, I tried e-mailing you but I couldn't get through.

I'd love to form a Staten Island LUG, and I'm wondering if anyone else is interested. I doubt it's possible since this topic was dead for two months, but I guess a shameless bump might be a good way to see if this topic may have been looked over.
jmullin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pobega, good to hear from you, a fellow Staten Islander. I am still interested in setting up a SILUG and have a few friends that also might be interested. My email address was incorrectly posted, typo, it is jmullinwtko@yahoo.com
I can do a Monday evening or wed once a month. Let me know what you think and we can see if we can put together a meet up.
Pobega

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll email you, and I'll have my contacts email you too.

If anyone else is interested please email jmullin, or get in contact with me at pobega@gmail.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: