Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BT Fusion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shifty_ben
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: BT Fusion Reply with quote

Well it was a long time ago that I first heard about the 'bluephone' now its come out in the form of BT Fusion utilisign a different technoloy to that with which it was originally intended.

Has anyone used it yet? Mine is due tomorrow and I have to admit I am very excited! They have an offer on at the moment, which is why I have decided to take the dive.

It does mean you need a BT HomeHub but I already have one of those so not too big an issue.

I'm told (I'll confirm tomorrow) that mid call switching between the GSM and WLAN network is seamless, should be interesting.

I'm a bit dissapointed that the phones they provide don't include bluetooth it would be useful if I could transfer any photos or videos to the computer, but hopefully I will be able to do it using the WLAN instead (though perhaps not) if not then I guess I'll have to invest in a data cable.
shifty_ben
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: RE: BT Fusion Reply with quote

Well I have had the phone for more than a month now. I am quite impressed, I did get a bill within 3 days for 3.11 but then it was the end of the month. This month should be cheaper, it's only my text package that ran that up.

In terms of technology I am very impressed, the switching is indeed seamless, the only way I know it has switched is by looking at the display. Although the phone can use wlan the basic software does not allow for sending/receiving files over it, but it may be possible to write a java app for it.

The only real thing I have noticed is that the GPRS is really slow (unless I am at home, then it hits 8 meg) but signal strength is really good.
It's also quite useful for checking if there is any wireless networks in the area without unpacking the laptop.

Well worth it I think.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: