PCLinuxOS, Knoppix and LXF64

Discussion topics, Linux related - not requests for help

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby nelz » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:37 pm

davecs wrote:I doubt it!

Why? It's been on the cover disc before.

davecs wrote:Anyhow, if it is, it would most likely be a vanilla version .81a.

It would more likely be the nvidia version, as that appears to work with non-nvidia graphics cards too.

0.9 may well appear on a subsequent disc. There's no room for 0.81 this month. Even if there was it would probably be out of date by the time the magazine came out.
nelz
Site admin

Postby davecs » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:59 pm

I stand corrected!!!

I have updated my v0.81a to virtually-v0.9 with via synaptic, also upgrading the kernel, and correcting problems manually. The updates are so many now, that it would be like downloading another disk-full, so I would hang on if starting from scratch.

I have to report that the HAL/DBUS system works a lot better than I thought it would.
Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
davecs
LXF regular

Postby ryptyde » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:34 pm

nelz wrote:

It would more likely be the nvidia version, as that appears to work with non-nvidia graphics cards too.

0.9 may well appear on a subsequent disc. There's no room for 0.81 this month. Even if there was it would probably be out of date by the time the magazine came out.

I'll be looking forward to trying it out this summer as with anything else you can throw at me. 8)
ryptyde

Previous

Return to Discussion