Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

British English Thesaurus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pau1ie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: British English Thesaurus Reply with quote

I have made a British English thesaurus for openoffice.org. I started with the Moby thesaurus and changed a lot of words (Using the spellchecker) to their British spelling, and removed a lot of words that were not in the spell checker (Some American, and some that are not in common use). I think it could still use some work, but I would like people to download and comment on it.

It is at http://brit-thesaurus.sourceforge.net. You will probably want the -bin file if you just want to install it and go (The second one in the list). The -all package contains the source and the various lists of words that have changed, I am sure people are downloading this who do not really want it. I'll have to make it clearer in the next release.

I hope you find it useful. I would like some feedback (Use the sourceforge forums).

I am currently working on a Debian package, and am thinking about other formats such as OO.o2, kword and Abiword.

Cheers

PaulH.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: