Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spam in the desktop poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: spam in the desktop poll Reply with quote

http://tinyurl.com/2s8yqp

Can someone deal with this?

After I've clicked on all the links of course Wink
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: RE: spam in the desktop poll Reply with quote

If you look at past polls, you find that henry has posted more such links all over them. Mike normally deals with this, but he's away this week, so unless one of the other admins can do it, we'll have to wait for a bit. You might also notice that we don't have any such stuff (at the moment) in the news stories comments, because you now have to solve basic arithmetic to post a comment: spambots can't do this, yet.
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: RE: spam in the desktop poll Reply with quote

I should have just about managed to click on each link by the time Mike gets back, phew, for a moment I thought I'd miss something Rolling Eyes

Muppets!
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: RE: spam in the desktop poll Reply with quote

Righto, it's cleaned up now. The bot-checking code has worked on the news stories, so when I get a spare mo I'll add it to the polls.

M
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: RE: spam in the desktop poll Reply with quote

Rhakios wrote:
spambots can't do this, yet.
I like to emphasise those last 3 letters: yet. It's only a matter of time until they can. As long as there are stupid (yes, they are plain stupid!) people clicking those spam-links, spammers will continu posting their crap in as many crowded public places as they can, preferably more then once.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: spam in the desktop poll Reply with quote

Well, I did use the word "yet" for very much that reason. After all, money is a great incentive to invention, almost as much as necessity.

By the way, Mike, I hope you had a good holiday. Can we expect to see the version of MikeOS soon? I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to recall you mentioning that a new version with GUI might be lurking around a near corner.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: spam in the desktop poll Reply with quote

Yes thanks, it was a good little break. I haven't worked on the GUI for a couple of months... Something is icky with the PS/2 mouse driver and fixing that could take a while. I may put up a 'pre-release' in the hope that someone offers a hand Smile

M
kilikopele
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: spam in the desktop poll Reply with quote

Are you really asking for someone to "give you a hand driving your mouse?" That's sick.

My problem in attempting to post to the blog was that it asked for F O U R + O N E and I typed "FIVE". Apparently, Spambots aren't the only ones who can't figure out the logic!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: