Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The website is slooooooooooow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evilnick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ticktock wrote:
About 20 seconds on Mozilla with the ads showing. So I need to change my browser to get this site working smoothly. Yeah that must be it. Rest of Internet is wrong. My browser is bad. This site is good. Or maybe.....

i wouldn't rule out the possibility that some code here may cause problems. Let us know your exact browser/platform so we can test it.

However, Mozilla, Firefox and IE, as far as we can see, don't have any problems.
nordle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evilnick wrote:
i wouldn't rule out the possibility that some code here may cause problems. Let us know your exact browser/platform so we can test it.

However, Mozilla, Firefox and IE, as far as we can see, don't have any problems.

I'm running Firefox 1.0.2, IPV6 disabled, and it takes <1 second to do anything, FANTASTIC! Maybe the new server is just nearer to me now Smile

Sounds as though the new server is pretty beafy, much appreciated, image is not everything but it can't be ignored either, this should help add to lxf's popularity in many areas, subscribers and advertisers alike.
Flea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Firefox, I just tested Konquerer and all seems fine to me! I'm not going to install any other browsers just to test out the speed though. What isp's/connection speeds are ppl on? I'm on a 2mbit adsl BT Broadband line.

Personally I think the whole thing is blisteringly fast now!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: