The website is slooooooooooow

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby evilnick » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:14 pm

ticktock wrote:About 20 seconds on Mozilla with the ads showing. So I need to change my browser to get this site working smoothly. Yeah that must be it. Rest of Internet is wrong. My browser is bad. This site is good. Or maybe.....

i wouldn't rule out the possibility that some code here may cause problems. Let us know your exact browser/platform so we can test it.

However, Mozilla, Firefox and IE, as far as we can see, don't have any problems.
evilnick

Postby nordle » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:58 pm

evilnick wrote:i wouldn't rule out the possibility that some code here may cause problems. Let us know your exact browser/platform so we can test it.

However, Mozilla, Firefox and IE, as far as we can see, don't have any problems.

I'm running Firefox 1.0.2, IPV6 disabled, and it takes <1 second to do anything, FANTASTIC! Maybe the new server is just nearer to me now :)

Sounds as though the new server is pretty beafy, much appreciated, image is not everything but it can't be ignored either, this should help add to lxf's popularity in many areas, subscribers and advertisers alike.
nordle
LXF regular

Postby Flea » Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:28 am

I use Firefox, I just tested Konquerer and all seems fine to me! I'm not going to install any other browsers just to test out the speed though. What isp's/connection speeds are ppl on? I'm on a 2mbit adsl BT Broadband line.

Personally I think the whole thing is blisteringly fast now!
The question is, what is a mahnamahna?
The question is, who cares?
Flea
LXF regular

Previous

Return to This Website