Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Linux Inside" stickers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oyster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: "Linux Inside" stickers Reply with quote

Just wanted to add my support for Matthew Daly's suggestion in LXF105 ("Brown and Sticky?") for Linux stickers bundled with the subscription.

In fact, I'd happily forgo the DVD as I have rarely used it in favour of downloading the packages/source over the Net. I'm based in Australia and the discs suffer in transit and can be unreadable at destination (I know the lads have been alerted to this already).

Would love some stickers though to show where I've made my mark. Up to now I've been rubbing my scent on machines from a spare gland.

Last edited by Oyster on Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
MattyD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: RE: Linux Inside" stickers Reply with quote

It's great to hear that other people agree with my suggestion! I figured this was a cheap giveaway that would nonetheless be very welcome by a lot of people. After all, I've had Kubuntu on my laptop for nearly a year and I still had a "Designed for Windows XP" sticker on it still, and I'd much rather have a really cool "Powered by Kubuntu" sticker, or just a "Powered by Linux" one with a little picture of Tux on it.
I'm not keen on those "Vista incapable" ones, as they make your computer seem second-rate.
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: RE: Linux Inside" stickers Reply with quote

How about "Tux inside!" and "Reclaimed personal property" and "Bill, you lost another one Twisted Evil "

My
MAVERICK99

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Stickers Reply with quote

You have my support. Would love to see some shiny Kubuntu/PCLinuxOS stickers in the mag.
MartyBartfast
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

Me too, I nolonger buy the mag every month but this would be a good marketing gimmick & I'd definitely buy it that month. (am I shallow or what?)
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

No, just tight Razz
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

Oyster wrote:
>>
I'm based in Australia and the discs suffer in transit and can be unreadable at destination (I know the lads have been alerted to this already).
>>

The disc placed between a couple of sheets of copy paper, on a flat surface, with the light application of a steam iron following ... then some weight applied while it cools ... has been known to fix slight convex damage Rolling Eyes

jm

The FVWM wm -=- www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
ollie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

I must have some better posties out here Bathurst, I've never had a damaged or bent DVD in over 50 issues (touch wood :lucky_charm: ).
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

The air mail issues are very different.

jm

The FVWM wm -=- www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
ollie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

jjmac wrote:
jm

It just makes economic sense, the magazines were $29.95 each in the newsagents so it became $29.95 x 13 = $389.35 vs $241.45 subscription at GBP90 delivered. Even now out here the magazines are still $24.95 so it is still cheaper to subscribe. Smile

Back on topic Wink the stickers "Powered by Linux" would be great. I also noticed that the "inside" on the Intel stickers has a little "TM" so you probably can't use that phrase Sad
GregS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

ollie wrote:
jjmac wrote:
jm

It just makes economic sense, the magazines were $29.95 each in the newsagents so it became $29.95 x 13 = $389.35 vs $241.45 subscription at GBP90 delivered. Even now out here the magazines are still $24.95 so it is still cheaper to subscribe. Smile

Back on topic Wink the stickers "Powered by Linux" would be great. I also noticed that the "inside" on the Intel stickers has a little "TM" so you probably can't use that phrase Sad

Yep, I've been lucky (apart from an overexuberant application of adhesive on one or two occasions...

BUT - I'd love a sticker (bugger it, a sheet of stickers) included with the DVD.

If it was the distro flavour(s) of the month or just a standard 'Tux Inside' or deriviation thereof, I don't care.

Before reading this thread, I'd been debating with myself about creating a set anyway, but the label stock available just wouldn't cut it. Confused
Oyster

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

Ubuntu stickers available here

http://www.sitt.com.sg/ubuntustickers2.htm
ollie

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

Of course you could always support Ubuntu directly and purchase stickers from the Ubuntu Shop - particularly those already in the UK!
pwbrum61
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

+1 vote for the "Powered by Linux" sticker! Smile

XPomJohn

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Stickers Reply with quote

+2 votes for the "Powered by Linux" sticker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: