Figures in LXF Community Conversion Project

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Figures in LXF Community Conversion Project

Postby Haakin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:58 pm

Hi!

I'm converting one of the Inkscape tutorials (mainly to learn Inkscape). Because the figures in those articles are very important and the pdfs are in low-res, I'm recreating them slowly.

Here is the link to the tutorial: http://linuxformat.co.uk/wiki/index.php ... iscape.pdf

I want to ask you a few questions to improve my work:

a) What do you think about the quality of the figures? Do they match the quality of the original?

b) About the figures in the wikipage. Do you prefer a thumbnail linked to the figure or the figures inserted in the text? Due to the contents of the tutorial, I like to include them directly. I think that the tutorial is easier to read in this way.

c) About the size, is the first one too big? Too small? Any hint about what could be the right size?

d) I have got the source SVG files. Is it possible to include them in the wiki? That would let the readers to download them and play with them.

Thanks,

Javier
English is not my mother tongue. So, be ready to read bad grammar and limited vocabulary :-(
Haakin
LXF regular

RE: Figures in LXF Community Conversion Project

Postby M-Saunders » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:33 am

Hi Javier,

That's looking great! The images are an ideal size, and like you say, it's better to have them inline rather than thumbnailed.

For the SVG files, can you upload them like any other image, and then create a link to the upload?

Thanks for the help!

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Return to This Website