Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Slow mods = slow forum = dead forum
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linuxgirlie
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I ask a question, nobody replies for days. I complain and instantly I get flamed, whined at, given excuses for why people can't do their job and now this. A suckup. I couldn't care less for the workload of the employees at Linux Format. I certaintly pay for the mag, and it sure aren't cheap. They get *paid* for doing this work, so who cares if it's easy or not.

Urmmmmmmm, I didn't "Suckup" I bascially pointed about a fact that people have 'day jobs' be it working for a company or anything else....I will stand up and say, that I am a network manager in a school full time, what I do online and with my project are normally after work activities, am I the only one to realise that these people do it out of work?!? I spend alot of time with FLOSS etc, but it is myu own choice and it maybe sad but my own personal time I choose the spend helping people with it...now I can't say exactly what LXF do with there spare time or not, but I'm damn sure they are very busy people, and any and I mean ANY help that they provide on this forum should be seen as a priviledge not as a complusary activity.....

Server operating system designed for schools:www.linuxschools.com
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foekker wrote:
I ask a question, nobody replies for days. I complain and instantly I get flamed, whined at, given excuses for why people can't do their job and now this. A suckup. I couldn't care less for the workload of the employees at Linux Format. I certaintly pay for the mag, and it sure aren't cheap. They get *paid* for doing this work, so who cares if it's easy or not.

Yes, we get paid for producing a magazine and discs. We do not get paid for posting parts of the magazine for those who cannot remember where they put it. It wasn't days either. I didn't repond immediately as I didn't have the information on the computer I was using at the time. by the time I did, you had found the magazine and I responded promptly to your follow up question.

foekker wrote:
If I could help myself I wouldn't need your help.

You can help yourself get help, by giving the information others need to assist you.

foekker wrote:
Regarding your last section. First, I've asked you for the solution, which actually is copying the text from the magazine, and you haven't done it yourself yet.

Why would I when you stated days ago that you had found the magazine?

foekker wrote:
I now have the magazine, and I fail to see why I *have* to copy the text to the forum just because I asked someone else to do it. If anyone have the same problem, i.e. misplacing the magazine, they will find the solution here: There is no solution, noone can be bothered with copying the text onto the forum.

This has absolutely nothing to do with copying text. That question was resolved days ago. But you still had a problem that we were trying to help with. If you recall, part of your problem was that you had not followed the instructions fully, you had not copied everything you needed from the disc.

foekker wrote:
I challenge you to find a 64bit machine and follow your exact instructions from issue 53. Please keep me informed of the progress.

Guess what? Those instructions were written on a 64 bit machine. Did you think I made them up? No. I found a method that worked and then documented it. Had you followed the instructions to the letter, it should have worked for you. Did you follow the instructions exactly or misunderstand or omit something? We'll never know, because you ignored my request for the more detailed information I needed to diagnose your problem.

foekker wrote:
Quote:
evilnick
I'm not sure what exactly you were expecting?

You wanted someone to respond faster than you could search for the answer yourself, because you misplaced the magazine?

I'm obviously referring to my other post regarding the coverdiscs. If you'd please take some time to think before you pollute the forum with your useless babble, maybe you'd avoid looking like a complete moron the next time you force upon us your intensely uninteresting point of view.

You really know how to motivate others to help you. When insulting the disc editor fails, you escalate to calling the editor a moron.

We have clearly failed you here and I apologise profusely for that. Please don't be too hard on us. It is difficult for us stupid, babbling morons to cope, and the monkeys can only do so much to keep us on track.
lurgee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Slow mods = slow forum = dead forum Reply with quote

Hudzilla wrote:
The trained monkeys write the magazine. We sit around playing Crack Attack - banzai!

I thought the monkeys made the tea, have they been promoted?

If you're looking for a new teamaker I'll just add that I'm pretty good with a kettle and I hardly get any parasites in the water anymore...
guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foekker, you feel that you have been misunderstood unfairly. As a native English speaker (and writer), I know that you are right when you say that there are native English speakers whose grammar is worse than yours. These poor souls tend to be understood even less than you have been. But it is also true that your English could be a lot better; some of your sentences are hard to make sense of. In this situation, it is always safer to ask what was meant than to guess wrong, so please do not take it badly when we treat you as we would wish to be treated ourselves.

We have a saying that when an Englishman cannot make himself understood by a foreigner, he just shouts louder. You have certainly learned that habit well! Do you realise that you have been very abusive to many good people trying to explain their difficulties in helping you? Who is wrong and who is right is less important than how we conduct ourselves.

You have bought LXF and that makes you a friend. And if you think I have said some stupid or insulting things, please let me down gently.
Squelch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!
I think someone needs a holiday.
Oh, and....... hi all Laughing
02bunced

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wasn't. He was describing the committe which represents Windows XP official magazine and the page 3 guys at PCFormat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: