Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gnu scientific library, mandriva 2005, lxf67d

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm2ps

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: gnu scientific library, mandriva 2005, lxf67d Reply with quote

Hi,

I've installed the shared library for GSL (gnu scientific library) from the mandriva cover disk, LXF67, but I can't find the headers; <gsl/....>. Can someone tell me what to do?

thanks,

Dug
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: RE: gnu scientific library, mandriva 2005, lxf67d Reply with quote

Did you install from an RPM? If so, you need to install the corresponding -devel package to get the headers.
mm2ps

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I installed GSL with the mandriva package manager, not RPMing. I also tried searching the cover disk using the package manager.

Where would the corresponding -devel packages be? I have tried blanketly installing the C development packages, suggested by the package manager, from the cover disk, also no use.

Any more suggestions?

thanks,

Dug
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mandrive package manager installs from RPMs. Search it for gsl (or whatever the package was called) it should show up the one you installed and another one called something like gsk-devel. Install that.

RPM-based distros usually split the header files from the package off from the binary and put them in a -devel package, so this is the first place to look when something complains about missing headers.
mm2ps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help nelz.

I gave up with the disc and downloaded and installed from source.

Dug
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: