-Dave- wrote:Say you mastered PyGame, would you be able to code an MMORPG?
Possibly -- although the hardest bit would be networking. I'm not sure if/how much PyGame supports networking, but no doubt there are other Python modules you can use.
Still, as you say, that'd be a long time away. I'd approach it like this:
1. Get a sprite moving around the screen using the cursor keys
2. Set up a game map engine so that you can add in other sprites and background objects
3. Add the ability to scroll around a map larger than the screen
4. Program logic to handle character interactions / battles
5. Add music and sound effects
There are plenty of PyGame tutorials out there to cover these things. When you get to this stage, you may find that others are willing to help out too!
And don't forget the LXF PyGame competition (see the Magazine section of these forums) which closes in a couple of weeks