Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum posts blocked - too many posts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ollie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Forum posts blocked - too many posts? Reply with quote

Last night I was doing the usual reading forums and making posts when suddenly I was blocked from posting. The error was something like "You have posted too many posts too close together, try again later". I had only made a similar number of responses to every other time and in fact quite a few less than occasional banter!

Is there a limit to the number of posts within a certain time? If so what is it? I don't think it is a good policy considering the time I have been both a forum member (pre-upgrade) and subscriber (about 4 years).

What is going on?
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: RE: Forum posts blocked - too many posts? Reply with quote

I had a similar issue yesterday and managed to email Mike about it. He said it was something with a clock and he'd fixed it, but apparently not for you Wink
Captain_Tux
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: RE: Forum posts blocked - too many posts? Reply with quote

I also experienced similar problems yesterday morning, but it seemed to have cleared up by the afternoon... and looking through the topics, it showed that everyone was online!

Let's see if this post goes through!

EDIT: Yes, it posted without any problems.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: RE: Forum posts blocked - too many posts? Reply with quote

Yes, clock drift on the server. Should all be fine now!

M
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: