Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sudoku - An idea!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davecs
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Sudoku - An idea! Reply with quote

Here is an idea for Sudoku challenge (since the other forum is LOCKED we cannot discuss it there):

The challenge in the mag suggested 16x16 or 25x25 Sudokus. I have a better idea (though I would not have a clue how to program it). How about a Three Dimensional Sudoku. 9x9x9. Each xy, yz, and zx plane would, in itself, have to be a valid Sudoku. As each plane would influence another, there would be less starter numbers per plane. Its viability depends on whether it is actually possible to arrange the numbers in a suitable way and how many combinations there are.

It's not such a daft idea, anyone remember 3 dimensional noughts and crosses? 4x4x4? At least you got a result!

Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
plank

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: RE: Sudoku - An idea! Reply with quote

Hi,

I read about your sudoku bounty on the August issue, but unfortunately
I can't find the magazine now and am not sure about the deadline.

Is it the end of August or the end of September?

Where do I send the code to?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: